Popular Posts

Friday, February 21, 2014

Orange you thrilled?

Hello my Color Elated Friends!

     Well, aren't you?  I am!  Where I refuse to be a slave to trends, I must admit, I get happy when an upcoming trend centers around a shade I have loved for years like orange!  In fact, Allure.com puts tangerine on the list of 10 most popular colors for Spring 2014.  They say, "...true, strong, in-your-face orange is going to be your new everyday lipstick.  It was so prevalent on the spring runways that makeup artists are even trading in red for it."  What a wonderful endorsement!
     As a woman of color, I have long loved the ability of orange to melt into my skin, marrying perfectly with my golden undertones.  But the contrast of a strong orange is striking on lighter complexions too.  Over the years, I have found many a tangerine lipstick, gloss, and blush to suit my wardrobe.  And it is a wonderful alternative to red.  It is jubilant, fun, giddy, and makes me think of lounging by the pool at an expensive resort.  Orange gives me true color elation. (Pictures, from Pinterest.)


     
     Where strong orange may grace the runways, I rejoice in the fact that it is not the only option.  The same stunning orange vibe can be found in a smooth terracotta, a flirty peach sorbet, or a sexy peachy nude.  I exalt orange in all its forms! There is truly an orange to suit everyone.
     
   

  Main Players:
     Here are my personal favorite orange lipsticks.  My Beautiful Rocket from Lime Crime is my favorite for daily wear.  It is a creamy, matte tangerine.
 

     MAC Vegas Volt is an interesting orange.  In the picture, it comes off as pink.  It is just that, a wonderful hybrid of orange and pink, like a flamingo's feathers.
   

     Perhaps the one most suited for the season is Fashion Fair's lipstick from the Sam Fine Collection in Moroccan Spice.  This is orange beyond belief.

Backup Singers:
     These are the glosses I add to alter the color if desired and/or  add shine.
   
     From the top, clockwise:  Nars Lip Lacquer in Chelsea Girls, Fashion Fair Lip Teaser in Tickled Pink comes off somewhat orange, L'Oreal Colour Riche in Peach Fuzz #158,  Black Radiance Radiant Lip Gloss in an unidentified color adds beautiful golden sheen, Revlon Color Burst in Sunset Peach, and Lancome Juicy Tubes in Coral Rush.

    For a final touch, these blushes compliment an orange pout.  Benefit Cha Cha Tint is surprisingly pretty on cheeks and lips.  NYX Mosaic Powder in Love and Sleek Makeup's Blush in Life's A Peach add believable, matte color to the face.

     So, back to my original question...Orange you thrilled?  I hope you are.  Enough so to find the orange that is perfect for you!  As always, thank you so for visiting, subscribing, and commenting.  I would love for you to share the love and leave me a comment, sharing your favorite tangerine cosmetics.  Take care, stay blessed, and Color Elated!

                                                                                -Tamera







No comments:

Post a Comment