Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pop Inspiration: Warm and Cool

Hello my wonderful Color Elated Friends!

     Heading out to work today and I just feel inspired to do something creative.  Usually, I am always creative, strive to be. And, dark, potentially rainy days, like the one building up today in the Los Angeles  area, are particularly inspiring to me for some odd reason.  Perhaps the grayness and gloom beg for color and a bit of sparkle.  Today's pop inspiration centers around a mix of warm and cools.
     I adore the mix of warm and cool shades.  I learned from an interior decorator friend of mine that adding cool touches to a warm palette, like my living room, adds interesting pops of color and compliments the warmer shades.  Or visa versa.  So among the warm, spicy shades that I love, I have accents in blues and burgundy and it is really quite gorgeous.
     So, today's look comes compliments of Chanel's Illusions D'Ombre cream shadows in Fatale and Abstraction.  These shadows are nicely pigmented and have the most beautiful shimmer.  I try to be careful with shimmer for day, trust me.  But, these are so tasteful in their level of shimmer ( not all shimmer is created equal) that when used with more matte tones, they look amazing.  Fatale is a plum lavender and Abstraction is a warm salmon.  I desired a more plum palette to go with the blue I wore today, so I added Sugarpill's pressed shadow in Poison Plum. This plum is beyond gorgeous and is striking on all skins.  Its matte nature adds to the drama of the color.  I love it.  To add more depth, I added MAC's pigment in Burnt Burgundy, a blackened matte plum .


     The final look is Abstraction in the inner corners and around the tear duct, Fatale on the remainder of the lid, Poison plum in the crease and just above, Burnt Burgundy smokes the outer crease.  The resulting look is varied shades of cool to rosy plum with a surprising hint of orange/pink.  Now...off to work!



          Thanks for visiting.  Have you tried any of these shadows?  Would love to hear your take on them.  Have a blessed remainder of your week and stay Color Elated!

No comments:

Post a Comment