Popular Posts

Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Lip Product Addict Tag

Good Day to the Color Elated!

     I love a good tag.  This will make my second.  I am accepting this tag from the lovely Tab K. of Humble Beauty (https://bloglovin.com/blog/12453921) as I follow her delightful blog.  She completed and subsequently tagged others to be part of The Lip Product Addict Tag. (Picture from Pinterest)


"I can't see myself without pink lipstick.  I can go without it for a couple of days, but if there was no more pink lipstick in the world, I would be useless.  Seriously."      -Nicky Minaj
 
     Who does not love a great lip product?  Whether it is color or care, lips usually get a lot of our attention.  Especially for the Color Elated.  So, as I cannot resist a lovely lip color or a yummy balm, I could not resist this challenge.

" If I walk outside without lipstick, I feel naked."   -Sofia Vergara
   
  There are five points to cover.  Here we go!
  
1. Favorite Balm or Treatment
     Carmex is timeless.  Its soft, light texture and tingling feel make it a natural for soothing and softening lips.  Its portable tube means it goes in pocket, purse or office desk drawer with ease.  I love to apply it before matte lip colors ( allowing it to sink in to my lips, then blotting before color) or for use over lip colors when I can ( I love my Victoria's Secret Minty Kiss over lip colors.)

"I put on lip balm first thing in the morning and always use it before I swipe on my red lipstick."  -Heather Morris

2.  Best Eye Catching Red
     Love my red!  I could own twenty of them and know them each intimately.  My two most eye catching reds are from MAC.  Ruby Woo (left) is a perfect matte red that reminds me of the Hollywood glamor shots of the 40's.  I used it in a "Get Ready With Me" video a few months ago. (http://youtu.be/4IUt39kmtDU).  My second choice is Relentless Red.  This is one bright, stand out red, not for the faint of heart.  Here it is in another video (http://youtu.be/4UxfveZWiwc).

3.  Best Luxury and Drug Store Lip Product


     On the luxury side, I have two products I have mentioned in other blog posts.  I must admit, I do not indulge in too many expensive lipsticks.  I want to try brands like Nars and Tom Ford as I hear their  lipsticks are super pigmented and one day, I may cave.  I am blessed to say, these two luxury  products are ones I love.  Marc Jacobs' Love Marc Lip Stick in Severine is a warm, toasty nude.  It colors and covers beautifully.  It feels great and lasts.  My Chanel Rouge Allure Extant de Gloss in #69 Mervielle is the most wearable plum.  I love the texture and gloss of this product.
    For drug store products, I could own every one of the Maybelline New York Color Elixir Lip Color.  Here you get strong color and shine in one.  The price is great and it comes in so many gorgeous shades!


" I have always loved lipstick.  For women, that love comes from our mothers and grandmothers.  It's so natural for a woman to open up her mirror and apply lipstick."  -Monica Bellucci

4.  Best MAC Lipstick
     I am a sucker for nudes and soft tones.  With them, I can wear expressive eye colors and they work well for work.  Here are two I love and have worn down to a nub.  First is Creme Cup, a perfect soft pink.  I adore this as a spring/summer shade, but I sneak it out occasionally on a cold winter day when I wear a cool color palette. Next, is Fresh Brew.  Like the Marc Jacobs, it is toasty warm and is so easy to wear.  These two colors I also feel look wonderful on darker skins.

5.   Most Disappointing Lip Product
   I purchased from MAC's Sharon Osborne Collection a while back and was very interested to get the Patent Polish in French Kiss, a warm, chocolaty brown with lots of shine.  I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED  to find it was so sheer and colorless!  I was offended to spend that money on something that produced so little color.  For that result, I could apply my Carmex!


"180 episodes of 'CSI Miami' and never the same lipstick twice!"
                                                           -Emily Procter

     Thanks again for the tag, Tab!  It was fun!  I likewise tag everyone who reads this blog post.  Please leave a comment as I would love to read your tag.  Have fun, stay blessed, and Color Elated!
 
 





2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Pink lipstick too!
    My favorite pink lipstick until now is YSL Rouge Pur Couture no 19 and YSL Rouge Volupte in Fuschia Tourbillon.. :)

    Theresiajuanita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU! I just saw a You Tube video on the YSL lipsticks. They look stunning. I may try it soon. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete