Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Something Old, Something New

Hello Color Elated Friends!

     My series, "Something Old, Something New" allows me to share products I have had for a good while that I have rediscovered and fell in love with again, while sharing new items that I find myself falling in love with (and that may, in true Color Elated style, end up as "Something Old" one day, but I digress).

Something Old

    Some products just fit a particular niche.  Yeah, you may put them aside for a while, but when you pick them back up again, you are so glad you own them.  My highlighters are a case in point.  Highlighting and contouring are a  makeup staple for me.  I possess this round, full face that is in desperate need of angles.  It is not easy to find a contour that works so well with your complexion.  My Sleek Makeup Contour Kit is the best, but I do not use the highlighter in the kit. I have several highlighters.   Two that I love are My Dior Nude Glow and  Revlon Color Stay Mineral Finishing Powder in #030 Sunkiss.



       
     

     Dior Nude Glow is a wonderful mix of tan and coral bands.  It creates a lovely terra cotta glow.  What I love is the level of shimmer.  It is low and believable. Very wearable.  I love this when I wear earthy, golden based colors.  It is the soft swatch on the left.  Revlon Color Stay  is a baked mineral blend of ginger and browns that creates a pretty champagne glow.  It is showing up amber on the swatch above, but it is really more neutral.  Love this with cooler and neutral palettes.  And because it is baked...it lasts FOREVER!  I have had this for years and have used it lavishly.


Something New

     Okay, I have to eat some crow now.  A while ago, I mentioned being on a budget when it came to beauty.  Now, overall, I have greatly reduced impulse buys, but I must admit, I occasionally indulge in something that catches my eye.  Sigh!  Oh, the pains of being Color Elated!  Again, I digress...   I picked up the most gorgeous palette from Lancome's Summer 2014 Collection.  It is the Color Design Palette in Azur Chic.


    The top row are the neutral and cool colors, the bottom warmer.  Where these may, at first glance, appear to be lackluster shades (Remember their Summer 2013 palette? It had golds and blues and a teal that was the bomb.com!), what makes these colors amazing is the finish.  The dark blue is more matte, the first beige is a soft shimmer, but the remaining shades are the most intense metallic finish. There is fallout.  Once you guard against that, you will find the effects are beautiful!


         I wore these to work today so the pics could not be as dramatic as I would like, but I took the middle metallic beige in the inner corner and the copper on the remaining lid.  With a precision brush, I applies the dark blue to the crease.  I took a dark cinnamon matte shade ( Henna, from Color Elation Cosmetics colorelation.com ) to warm the crease.  I lined the top with Milani Wear Infinite brown liquid liner.   I used Lancome's Le Stylo Waterproof Eyeliner in Marine Chic for the bottom lash line and topped that with the light blue metallic shadow for extra color and sparkle.
     I am looking forward to using these old and new products for the season.  Please feel free to share some of your finds for Summer 2014.  I would love to hear about what you will be rocking this spring and summer.  I finally added my "subscribe" button, so please subscribe either  through Google+ or email.  As always, stay blessed and Color Elated!

                                                                                              -Tamera
  

No comments:

Post a Comment