Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

For the Love of Glitter!

Hello to the glamorous Color Elated!

       I use this blog for many reasons.  First to share, also review, create, recommend and so on.  But I have to laugh, many times I use it as a cosmetic confessional.  Here is my latest profession of weakness...I LOVE GLITTER!  I did not worry much in my younger years, but when I turned 40 and up, it can be harder to maneuver.  Now, I do not mean I desire to slather myself in dazzling sparkle 24/7.  What I mean is my eye is so drawn to and delighted by the scintillating combination of color and sparkle.  I love how it creates light and can add instant glamor to a look.  Now, the interesting thing with glitter is the VERY fine line between glamor and cheap as glitter can also turn a look sour if applied the wrong way.  I tend to like my glitter color coordinated.  So, if I wear a gold eye shadow, I love a golden glitter on top.  I prefer finely milled glitter to the chunky stuff, but I have seen some remarkable looks with the larger cuts.  I prefer solid tones to duochromes which can add interesting pops of unexpected color.  I am a bit iffy with those as they can be brilliant in a look or if not applied or coordinated correctly, they can look misplaced.  But when they work...wow!
      Why am I in a glitter mood?  First, the holidays draweth nigh.  This is the best time to indulge in glitter looks.  I adore it for a Thanksgiving dinner look, Christmas parties, and to toast in the New Year.  Secondly, I want to introduce the lovely J.Cat Sparkling Cream Palettes available on my site colorelation.com.  Each palette contains five glitter creams of different intensities and finishes.  Some are opaque with larger cuts of sparkle.  They are richly pigmented and can stand as lid colors on their own.  Some are sheer and soft like a halo.  There are solids and duochromes.  My favorite duochrome is in the neutral palette, Jibiri.  In the middle pan, it looks white, but when swatched, it goes silver and purple.  So pretty!
     So here are some pics that I hope you will consider for your holiday looks.  And, stay posted on our Facebook page  for a future holiday sale where these palettes and specially selected holiday colors will be on sale.  https://www.facebook.com/ColorElation    
     Remember ALWAYS use caution when applying any glitter product around the eye and on the body.






     Madison has a variety of girlie pinks and plums.  Cruzada is an array of ocean blues.

     Halay reminds me of Carnivale.  Bright and playful.  Suzie is the most popular palette we sell.  Women love these earthy tones that flatter so many complexions.  Jibiri is a collection of gorgeous neutrals.  Silver in varied intensities.



Swatched:  Halay, Suzie and Jibiri. 

    Thanks for joining me!  If you are a glitter lover also, stop by colorelation.com and join us on Facebook.  Have a great week, stay blessed, and Color Elated.

No comments:

Post a Comment