Popular Posts

Monday, November 10, 2014

Neutral Eyes, BAM! Lips

How's It Going, Color Elated?

     For a long time, I resisted buying an eyeshadow anything...duo, trio, quad, palette...because I had so many!  Now, I admit, I have not been as consistent as I ought.  I have managed to slip up a couple of times.  But the horrid thing is that now my lip color collection is slowly creeping up to my eyeshadow collection.  My latest crime spree occurred when I went to Sephora.com's sale page and reintroduced myself to OCC Lip Tars.  To add insult to cosmetic injury, I very recently went to my local Sephora to purchase two more Lip Tars, this time from their luscious Fall 2014 Collection Unknown Pleasures.  So, I created a look using a neutral eye to showcase this BAM! lip.
   
    




     To create the neutral eye, I used my Maybelline New York The Nudes Palette.  I took a frosty taupe (bottom row, next to the last) in the inner corner and around the tear duct.  The remainder of the lid took a slightly darker taupe (top row, second shadow) and applied it generously.  In the lid, I layered.  I began with the dark brown (last one, top row), and over that another dark brown warmed it up (bottom row, fourth shadow), and for smoke, I took the black (bottom row, last shadow) to the outer corners.  On the top lid, Wet 'n' Wild gel liner was smudged  and my favorite 747 M lashes were applied.  Black kohl liner was used on the lower waterline and Lancome Liner Design gel liner in  Emerald Seductive gave a pop of color.

    



     For the lips, I lined with a black shadow pencil and filled my lips with OCC lip Tar in Pagan, a gloriously deep eggplant purple.  Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Minty Kiss added glossy shine.




  
     I am LOVING new Urban Decay Naked Illuminated highlighter in Luminous!  It is a champagne colored powder with an amazing sparkle.  Just gorgeous for face and eyes.






 
     Thanks for joining me!  I adore this look for day and it was so easy to do!  I hope you like it.   Leave me a comment and don't forget to share some of your favorite potent lip colors.  Would love to hear your faves.  Stay blessed and Color Elated.


No comments:

Post a Comment